AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION
“DONATE STYLE 2 OTC FASHION WEEK”
TUMBLER & TIPSY FASHION WEEKS GIVEAWAY CONTEST
1. CONTEST. The Sponsor of the “DONATE STYLE 2 OTC FASHION WEEK”
CONTEST (the “Contest”) will give away 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS TO THE
TUMBLER & TIPSY FASHION SHOWS (the “Grand Prize”) according to the terms
and conditions of these rules. THE GRAND PRIZE FASHION SHOWS will be chosen
by Sponsor, and there will be no substitutions. The New York Fashion week contest
will run from August 22nd 2013 to September 9th, 2013; the Los Angeles Fashion
week contest will run from September 9th 2013 to October 13th, 2013
2. SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Except as set forth below, all individuals that are, as of August 19th,
2013 residents of the State of Geo-Tagged Contest Entry (either the State of California
or State of New York), over the age of 18 are eligible to participate in the Contest. The
Sponsor, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and divisions, participating
promotional partners, and each of their respective employees and immediate family
members (including, but not limited to, children, parents, spouses, grandparents, and
domestic partners of employees) are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest
is void where prohibited by law. Each individual that participates in the Contest agrees to
be subject to and abide by these rules. Any deviation from these rules on the part of any
participant will render that participant ineligible. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE
PROHIBITED BY LAW.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Only eligible individuals that qualify will have a chance to
participate in winning the Grand Prize. To qualify for a chance to win, during the period
of August 19th – September 2nd 2013 for NYC, and the period of September 9th 2013 –
October 7th 2013 for Los Angeles an eligible individual must:
(1) Donate Style! Create a look from scratch. i.e., design and produce it or create your best look by putting together an outfit out of your own closet to be donated to the participating Out of the Closet Thrift Store in the Los Angeles area or Out of the Closet Thrift Store Brooklyn.
(2) At a minimum, each outfit must include: 1 top, 1 bottom and 1 fashion accessory. Shoes are optional.
(3) Contestants must photograph their complete look that they are donating on the supplied mannequin at the participating Out of the Closet Thrift Store, and then post that photo onto Instagram.
(4) Contestants’ Instagram photos must be geotagged or checked-°©‐in to the Los Angeles or Brooklyn Out of the Closet location where the look was donated.
(5) Contestants’ Instagram photos must be hashtagged with either #OTCNYfashion or #OTCLAfashion, depending on the region where the outfit was styled and donated.
(6) Donations and photo entries must be submitted and posted by September 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM EST FOR NYC REGION entrants; and by October 7th, 2013 at 6:59 Pm PST for LA Region entrants.
(7) All entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
(8) Winning entrants (1 per region, Los Angeles and New York only) will win 2 front row tickets to the Tumbler & Tipsy show at Los Angeles or New York Fashion Weeks, depending on region of entry.
(9) There will only be one winner selected for each region and that winner may only attend the T&T show at the Fashion Week in their geo-°©‐tagged region of entry (either LA or NYC).
(10) All travel expenses to and from Tumbler & Tipsy Fashion Show must be covered by winner.
(11) AHF reserves all rights to use the donated looks and winning look for all lawful purposes including, but not limited to, the purpose of general marketing and promotions within print, digital and mobile mediums, television, film, or commercials; creating samples, displays, publications, advertising, magazine, press releases, or newspaper articles; or any other business purposes for the benefit of AHF, and for AHF’s humanitarian mission to provide cutting-°©‐edge HIV/AIDS care, advocacy and prevention services regardless of ability to pay.
(12) There is no limit as to how many times a Contestant may enter with differing donations and geo-tagged photos of said donations
On September 9th, 2013, on or about 3:00pm PST, the Grand Prize winner for the OTC
NYC winner will be determined. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen from all
qualifying finalist entries. Grand Prize winner will be notified via telephone and email.
If the winner is later disqualified, the Sponsor will choose a new winner from the
remaining entries.All decisions regarding winners are at the discretion of AHF, and are
6. PRIZE INFORMATION. Only two Grand Prizes prizes will be awarded. The Grand
Prize has an estimated value of $10,000 each pair . The Grand Prize must be claimed by
September 11th at 11am am EST 2013 or the winner will be disqualified. The Sponsor
reserves the right to substitute any prize for cash or other similarly valued consideration.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS. The winner is solely responsible for all
applicable federal, state, and local taxes and fees related to any Contest prize. Any
Contest prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. The winner will be required to
execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, Model Release and Copyright Notice,
and certain tax forms, and provide such other information as may be required to own or
operate the Grand Prize within the State of Entry, prior to claiming the Grand Prize. By
entering the Contest, each participant consents without limitation and without receiving
additional compensation, to the use of his or her name, voice, photograph, and/or likeness
by Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional partners for any
purposes including, but not limited to, promotional purposes on television, radio, or the
internet. Failure to make such promotional appearances requested by Sponsor or grant
such rights as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor may result in disqualification.
8. RULES; WINNERS LIST. Copies of these rules and identification of the winner are
available between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, local time, at 6660 Santa Monica Blvd, Los
Angeles, CA 90038 or will be provided to you if you send a stamped, self-addressed
envelope, that identifies the contest, to the same address.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to
disqualify any individuals it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation
of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in a nonsportsmanlike
or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any
other person, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Sponsor. If after the Contest
has begun changes or updates in these rules are deemed necessary by Sponsor, all
changes will be posted on www.outofthecloset.org/nyfwcontest on the day that the
change takes effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules at any time as it
determines necessary in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the
Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest, or
any other reason deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All participants agree to release and hold harmless
Sponsor and all of its respective affiliated companies and subsidiaries and all of their
respective directors, officers, employees, agents, legal counsel, and/or participating
promotional partners from all losses, damages, penalties, claims, actions, suits, costs, and
expenses of any kind whatsoever and any property damage, personal injury, or death to
any participant or third party caused by or arising out of or in connection with
participation in the Contest or with the use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not
responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assumes no responsibility for
any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest of
the equipment used in its administration.
11. DISPUTES. As a condition to participating in the Contest, participants agree that
any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action
arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without
resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles,
California having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of
California without regard for the doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such
dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted awards for, and each
hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or